From: McGuire, Kelly (mcg05004_at_byui.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2018 - 14:52:09 CDT

Thanks Joshua for that help! I also made it work with "serial" and then the atoms' serial numbers. Maybe you could help me with this question:

 What does a dynamic bond really represent if I can arbitrarily select the distance a bond is drawn? I am assuming a Cu-N bond forms at ~2 angstroms, but is there a way to know that the Cu and N are really forming a bond? Is this where looking at the orbitals becomes useful to know that bonding is actually occurring?

Kelly L. McGuire

PhD Scholar

Biophysics

Department of Physiology and Developmental Biology

Brigham Young University

LSB 3050

Provo, UT 84602