From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2018 - 08:44:08 CDT

The link you pasted documents the file reader routine for .dx files, and
the expected format. Just re-read it carefully and things should be clear.

One only thing that you should be aware of is that the limit of three
values per line are not related to x, y, z: they are written this way
simply to avoid long lines.

If you are still unsure, try creating a .dx file with what you think is the
syntax (a 2x2x2 or a 3x2x2 grid should be enough), and see if it works as
expected.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin