From: Patzschke, Dr. Michael (patzsc21_at_hzdr.de)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2018 - 03:37:35 CDT

Hello,

I would like to acknowledge the help of Vishnu K and Eduard Schreiner. I
have a much better script now and I am quite happy with the results.

In case anyone is interested, here is the improved version. It requires
picking the central atom, after running the script glass cylinders are added
between the central atom and all atoms less than a defined value away. I am
sure the script could be made more pretty and shorter. I am of course open
to suggestions. But this works for me:

proc glass_bond {} {
   global vmd_pick_atom vmd_pick_mol

set sel [atomselect top "(within 2.6 of index $vmd_pick_atom) and (not index
$vmd_pick_atom)"]
set atomList [$sel list]

foreach atom $atomList {

   set sel1 [atomselect top "index $atom"]
   set sel2 [atomselect top "index $vmd_pick_atom"]

   # coordinates of ligand atom
   set name1 [$sel1 get name]
   set coords1 [lindex [$sel1 get {x y z}] 0]

   # coordinates of the metal
   set name2 [$sel2 get name]
   set coords2 [lindex [$sel2 get {x y z}] 0]

   # and draw the line
   draw material BlownGlass
   draw cylinder $coords1 $coords2 radius 0.1

   set dist [measure bond [list $atom $vmd_pick_atom]]
   puts "Distance $name2 - $name1 : $dist"
}
}

Kind regards,