From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2018 - 11:11:13 CDT

Hi Peter,

Now that you mention it, you are right! In my own compiled builds, these plugins are also broken. My advice was based on past experience with the "clone representations" and ruler plugins I use with some regularity, which didn't work with 8.6. I never tried using timeline or the contact map plugins, likely because they were broken in my install, and my own workflows were pretty much set before the plugins were released. Sorry for sending you down the wrong path. :(

In terms of them getting fixed, I'd say the likelihood is pretty high, as the author of the plugins is still at UIUC from what I understand. However, it clearly works for them, so I'm not sure what is wrong, since the graphical window is all drawn via Tcl...

-Josh