From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2018 - 09:59:04 CDT

Vladimir,
  Can you send me the molden file and a VMD saved state that show
the clipped orbital? There is a routine in VMD that computes the
required size of the bounding box for the orbital by evaluating
the orbital amplitude along the x/y/z axes. If you can give me
the case that breaks for you I can either adjust the scheme VMD
uses to compute the bounding box and/or add an option to expand
the bounding box by some marginal factor, or something similar.

Best,
  John Stone

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/