From: Ashar Malik (asharjm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2018 - 03:39:39 CDT

Again the same problem.

You use

[measure rmsd $sela $selb]

it should be measure rmsf

Secondly - this is not how rmsf is calculated.

the simplest way to calculate the RMSF is

load your trajectory
make 1 selection (just 1) holding your atoms of interest. (eg. roi_atoms)

now use

measure rmsf $roi_atoms

if you use the above command all frames in your trajectory will be used to
calculate the rmsf.
if you want to limit them as I think you are trying to do (not exactly
sure) add frame numbers

so

measuer rmsf $roi_atoms 50 60

with the above command only frame 50 through 60 will be used.

keep in mind the difference in math between RMSD and RMSF.
RMSD is per frame -- so you get a trend
RMSF is per set of frames -- so you will get just 1 value (doesn't matter
if you use 50 frames or 5000).

check this page for more details:

https://www-s.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.9.1/ug/node136.html

--