From: Souvik Sinha (souvik.sinha893_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2018 - 04:28:54 CDT

If you are interested in aligning only, I don't think you need to split it
up unless you have something to do with the separate files. For aligning,
you just need to load you trajectory file in vmd and use the "RMSD
Trajectory Tool" interface. There you can set your reference frame or even
a separate structure as your reference for alignment.