From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2018 - 16:07:05 CDT

I forgot to add that an additional issue for VMD as opposed to simpler
X11 apps is that it requires working GLX. If you can get 'glxgears' to run
in a container, then in principle at least one could get VMD running that
way. I would worry about the performance of using indirect GLX rendering
(even though it is local, you're still serializing all of the OpenGL
 operations as if it's over a network).

Best,