From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2018 - 15:12:20 CDT

Kelly,
  The behavior you observe is the default behavior when VMD gets a
concatenated PDB file. I'm not familiar with the details of the tutorial
you're working, but I can say that this is definitely what the VMD
PDB plugin does if you concatenate multiple PDBs together presently.
That said, you can show the four monomers at once using the draw-multiple-frames
controls in the trajectory tab, by listing the frame range 0:3 or similar...

Best,
  John

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/