From: Barry Isralewitz (barryi_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2018 - 13:18:31 CDT

Hi,

        On a Mac, the built-in "Cursor size" Accessibility controls will enlarge the VMD cursors, including VMD's item-picking crosshairs. The color of the picking cross-hairs is all-black, so I'd suggest using a non-black VMD background like gray to help you see the cross-hairs more easily.

From: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25507?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US
====
If you have difficulty seeing or following the mouse pointer when it moves—or changes to an insertion point, crosshair, or other shape—you can increase its size.

        • Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Accessibility.

        • Click Display, then drag the Cursor Size slider to the right to make it larger.

Tip: To make the pointer larger temporarily, quickly move your finger on the trackpad or quickly move the mouse. To turn this feature off, deselect “Shake mouse pointer to locate” in the Display pane of Accessibility preferences.
======

                Cheers,

                        Barry

--
Barry Isralewitz
3043 Beckman, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign