From: Goedde, Chris (CGOEDDE_at_depaul.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2018 - 17:03:51 CDT

Hi all,

I’m driving vmd using something like

vmd -eofexit < file.tcl &> file.log

The first line of file.tcl is “package require foo”, where foo.tcl lives in a directory that’s added to the path in my .vmdrc file through a “set auto_path” command. However, it seems like the “package require” command is being run before the .vmdrc file is being executed, because in the log file I’m seeing a package not found error followed by the output of the .vmdrc file.

I can work around this by setting the path in my foo.tcl file, but I’m wondering if there’s a way to make sure that the .vmdrc file is executed before contents of foo.tcl are fed to vmd.

This is under Mac OS 10.12.

Thanks.

Chris Goedde