From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Wed May 23 2018 - 16:39:44 CDT

Hi Kelly,

You only actually need to rotate bonds to +/- 180 if the bonds are freely rotateable. That is most definitely not the case for some of your bonds, since rotating some of your bonds past about 45 degrees (? I'm totally guessing here) will break a bond in QM, which is irrelevant to your parameterization effort. What you do in those cases is sample more closely than the FFTK defaults over a smaller range (so maybe +/- 45 in 5 degree increments), and use FFTK to fit the shape of the energy surface around the minimum.

-Josh