From: Goedde, Chris (CGOEDDE_at_depaul.edu)
Date: Mon May 07 2018 - 16:03:45 CDT

> On May 7, 2018, at 3:46 PM, John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu> wrote:
>

>>> Neither the "display reposition" nor the "display resize" command should result
>>> in any errors or other unusual behavior, at least none that I'm aware of,
>>> if you're running VMD in text mode.
>>
>> I wouldn???t have thought so.
>
> See what happens if you redirect stdin…

If I add stdin=subprocess.DEVNULL to the subprocess invocation (which I think should do what we want), nothing changes. Still fails with the display lines in the rc file, and works without.

I’m not sure it’s worth spending more time on this, since I have a simple workaround. It seems like there are enough moving parts here that it could take a long time to really track this down.

Thanks again.

Chris