From: Ashar Malik (asharjm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2018 - 19:07:17 CDT

RMSD is usually calculated using a selection. By default the selection is
an entire molecule with keywords like "all" or "protein".

You can reduce your selection to start from residue 2 till N-1 -- or with
an even more complicated selection you can select Nter/Cter atoms.
The best way (in my opinion) is to use command-line options.

measure rmsd selection1 selection2

where selection1 and selection2 are your molecules excluding Nter/Cter.

Don't forget to eliminate any rotation/translation based components.

--
Best,
/A