From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2018 - 17:11:42 CDT

Oh. I see what you mean now, and had misinterpreted your question. The "charge" field in the atomtype is used when atomtypes directly map onto unique charges (ie. every atom with type CT2 has charge -0.02 or something like that). This is not true for CHARMM in general (CT2, for instance, has at least 5 different values in the protein force field), so instead every atom within molecule needs to specify its own charge. So if you go to an "[atoms]" directive, you'll see that your charges are just as you left them, and these are the charges grompp uses when building a tpr file.

-Josh