From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2018 - 11:33:52 CDT

Hi Sahitya,

Try this in the TkConsole once you've set up the plugin to your satisfaction:

for { set i 0 } { $i < 10 } { incr i } {
::MultiMolAnim::molmovie 1 1
render Snapshot [format "frame.%05d.ppm" $i]
}

This should make ten frames from your movie (frame.00000.ppm to frame.00009.ppm) using the snapshot renderer, which you can then assemble into a movie file with ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -i frame.%05d.ppm movie.mp4

I highly recommend taking a look at the available documentation for the "render" command (see the user guide) so that you can use something nicer than Snapshot to make your images.

-Josh