From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2018 - 10:48:17 CDT

Unfortunately there is not currently an elegant solution for this. You can
indeed, under certain circumstances, just concatenate output from multiple
runs, but things must be in the right format for ParseFEP to detect it.
That means you would have to sort and interleave the data at the same
lambda value, probably strip out some of the comments, and then
re-concatenate everything into a single file.

If you are running each lambda as its own NAMD job, then this should not be
too hard - just "grep -v #" the fepout files after the first one:

Here's a bash example for N jobs (N-1 restarts) and M lambda values -- I've
assumed a specific file naming scheme that should be pretty transparent and
mappable onto whatever you've done.

rm -f all_lambda.fepout 2> /dev/null
for ((m=0; m<$M; m++))
do
  cat lambda${m}_job1.fepout >> all_lambda.fepout
  for ((n=2; n<=$N; n++))
  do
    grep -v "#" lambda${m}_job${n} >> all_lambda.fepout
  done
done

all_lambda.fepout *should* work in ParseFEP, but I've never actually tried
something like this.

I know this is not pretty and we're trying to improve things for NAMD 2.13,
especially with regards to automating parallel runs.

Brian