From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2018 - 11:53:35 CST

Hi Per,

Looking at the source for 1.9.3, that does seem to be the case. The only place in the codepath to enable the omindirection projection is in the OptiXRenderer, so machines without a NVIDIA GPU can't make the images needed for VR. So indeed the path of least resistance for you would be to prepare a script that renders what you want (you can test it with snapshot), and then move everything to another machine and render again with the GPU.

-Josh