From: Ashar Malik (asharjm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2018 - 05:00:48 CST

>From the looks of it (the picture) and the free system memory - you seem to
be setting it up on a cluster.
Clusters mostly do not use VMD with graphical interfaces and only use it in
command line.

I might be missing a few messages as this thread appears broken, but
perhaps you should let the people managing your cluster set it up for you,
as they would best know the architecture and what and how to set up the
right build.

If you install it on your local machine, a proper install will result in
two windows. The OpenGL window used to generate graphics and a main window
used to interact with VMD.

--
Best,
/A