From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2018 - 07:49:42 CST

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 8:45 AM, Mahmood Naderan <mahmood.nt_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> > the makefile for building the molfile plugins is smart enough to skip
> > building the netcdf molfile plugin, if the flags required for it are not
> > provided.
> > this applies for several other libraries (tcl, expat, sqlite, tng) as
> well.
>
> Thanks for the reply. But I didn't understand is that my duty to drop
> such lines in the Make-arch or it will automatically ignores them? If
> I don't delete that line, it will search for -lnetcdf. The same is
> true about the tcl.

​*you* have to know what you want and then *you* have to follow the
documentation.
it is up to *you* to choose which features you want to include or not and
which supporting libraries/packages/tools you need (and thus want to
compile/install) or not.

axel.​