From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2018 - 18:15:11 CST

Hi Stuart,

Nope, its still memory. The windows version of VMD is built as a 32-bit application, so that means that once you get of ~4GB allocated, a subsequent memory allocation will fail. Your options are either to stride the trajectory some more, wait until John answers that there is a beta of VMD 64-bit for windows (this is a long standing request. I have no idea what the progress looks like on that front) or my personal favorite, install linux.

-Josh