From: Ashar Malik (asharjm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2018 - 10:14:19 CST

Try the following.

Load your pdb only.
apply the necessary transformation to it and save it with a different name.

I think what you might be missing is that moving a segment will just move
it but not double it.

Now you have two pdb files and 1 psf representing both.

A non programming way from here would be to use the merge structure plugin.
( http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/mergestructs/ )

An alternate way amongst others would be to write a small script where you
would have a predetermined translation added/subtracted to the relevant
coordinates. But I think this is more work than it's worth.

The plugin above should allow you to merge your structures in a non-command
line way.

This solution is not tested and written while I am away from my computer.
If it doesn't work write back and I can provide a better one.

Hope this helps.