From: Ashar Malik (asharjm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2018 - 19:06:53 CST

Could you please quote the error?
Why do you want to load so many pdb files? If you want to process them,
perhaps load them non-graphically.
Are they the same molecule or different ones? If it's different
conformation of the same molecule you could load them as multiple frames of
1 molecule.

Since I have never run into this limit can't give a more productive answer.
If you state the error perhaps someone can comment on it. My understanding
was that vmd worked with system memory. In which case if 1011 pdb files
consumed your RAM beyond a tolerated limit the OS should have killed it.
But since you day that the loaded files work fine, I am not sure what is
happening.

Please provide the error.