From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2018 - 11:25:28 CST

Hi,
  When loading files that explicitly enumerate bonds, such as PSF files,
VMD will not try and do any additional "bond guessing". So, if the PSF
doesn't explicitly include a disulfide bond, VMD will not display it,
end of story... VMD also doesn't currently have any particular knowledge
about martini CG bead naming conventions, so it would not be able to guess
the existence of a disulfide bond in the case that a PSF file was not used.

It is conceivable that we could teach VMD to recognize martini CG structures
and automatically guess things like disulfide bonds, but it's not in our
current work plan so for the time being one has to work around this limitation.

Best,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/