From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2017 - 00:02:04 CST

Hi,
  The Windows builds of VMD do not presently support Python due to
the way Python works on the Windows platform. If you want to run
Python with VMD, the best way is to use it on Linux, typically by
compiling VMD from source with your specific Python distribution,
so that you are also able to use your favorite Python modules.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/