From: Lizelle Lubbe (LBBLIZ002_at_myuct.ac.za)
Date: Thu Nov 23 2017 - 06:21:07 CST

Hi Alvaro,

Thanks for the rapid reply and sending this script.

I meant that the colourplot you get when using the Timeline tool in VMD does not show up. It is meant to enable interactive visualization of the structural changes accompanying SASA fluctuation.

After some tinkering it seems like the calculation is successful when selecting sequential residues (eg. resid 1 to 300) but fails when using selection: same residue as within 13 of resname ZN1.
This selection is preferred due to the memory-intensive nature of SASA calculation over a large number of frames.

Your script might cope better with this selection
Can the results be plotted as a colourscaled map over time? (i.e. x-axis = time, y-axis = residue with each residue as a coloured block)

Kind regards

Lizelle Lubbe

PhD (Medical biochemistry) candidate
Department of Integrative Biomedical Sciences
University of Cape Town