From: Miguel Caro (miguel.caro_at_aalto.fi)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2017 - 08:39:07 CDT

Hello,

I have a long trajectory file which I had to split into several chunks
to avoid running out of memory. I want to make a video out of each chunk
and then paste the videos together.

When I load the trajectory chunks separately, the origin seems to shift
with respect to the display. I suspect VMD centers the system on the
display about the center of mass. Since the center of mass changes
between chunks, the position of the origin with respect to the display
is not preserved and the atoms are shifted from one video to the next.

I want to be able to position the atoms consistently, so that the video
transitions smoothly between its several pieces. In practice, I just
need my origin in atomic coordinates to always appear in the same
position in "display coordinates". How can I do this via scripting?

Thanks,

Miguel

--
*Dr. Miguel Caro*
/Academy of Finland Postdoctoral Researcher/