From: Stefan Boresch (stefan_at_mdy.univie.ac.at)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2017 - 01:40:25 CDT

Hi everyone,

I understand that some months ago the PDB changed its website layout,
breaking the automated dowload of pdb structures into vmd. I know that
this is fixed in the 1.9.4 series.

However, I have several older machines, mostly running 1.9.2, at most 1.9.3,
which hardware wise (old nvidia gpus etc) either don't play nice with 1.9.4
or where updating is 'painful'. Is this (out of vmd's control) broken
pdb load functionality in some TCL script, which I could update; in other
words, is there a (relatively) easy way to restore the functionality in
vmd versions prior to 1.9.4?

Thanks,

Stefan (Boresch)