From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2017 - 01:33:51 CDT

In short, the tricky parts are:

For charge optimization:
— 2 D dimensional optimization
— the ability to mix Cartesian and Z-matrix notations

For bond/angle optimization:
— the ability to redefine the system as redundant internal coordinates

For dihedral optimization:
— the ability to perform dihedral scanning

Beyond the methodological requirements, the ffTK code itself requires substantial rewriting to generalize the QM I/O. I have made progress in this area; however, it stalled around the time we were up for renewal and my attention was diverted.

Regards,
Christopher Mayne