From: t.shivam_at_iitg.ernet.in
Date: Wed Sep 20 2017 - 02:37:31 CDT

> I assume that this behavior is accompanied by VMD warning/error messages
> in the text console window. What do they say? What kind of computer
> are you running VMD on, and what version of VMD is it? Without this
> sort of information it is impossible to provide much assistance.
>
> Best,
> John Stone
> vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
>
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 11:16:10AM +0530, t.shivam_at_iitg.ernet.in wrote:
>> Dear vmd users,
>>
>> since some days i am observing that vmd in my system is not representing
>> any protein in new cartoon representation, whenever i am clicking on
>> "new
>> cartoon" vmd is showing the protein using tube representation, but
>> previously vmd was able to.
>>
>> regards
>> shivam

> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/

sorry for not supplying the adequate information,the required information is
as follows:

OS: ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit

version: vmd 1.9.3

error displayed: ERROR) Unable to open input file '/usr/tmp/fileoW6t6m'
for writing.
ERROR) Stride::write_stride_record: unable to write input file for Stride
ERROR) Call to Stride program failed.

i hope that must be enough information to figure out the issue,if still i
am missing anything,please let me know.

regards

shivam