From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2017 - 09:54:32 CDT

Hi,
  Thanks for the note. From your symptoms, it seems that there's
still an unresolved issue with the latest version of OptiX and some machines
that don't have GPUs installed. I will see if I can reproduce it here
and report that this is still not fixed to the OptiX developers at NVIDIA.

Best regards,
  John Stone
  johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu