From: Ajasja Ljubetič (ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2017 - 06:34:59 CDT

Hi!

You're not giving a whole lot of details, so my advice will be generic as
well. Usually I split my trajectories into 1 ns chunks and then I use gnu
parallel <https://www.gnu.org/software/parallel/> to run analysis scripts
in parallel.

If you mean the parallel tcl command
<http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node144.html> you have to
compile VMD with MPI support and have MPI installed. But I guess this is
meant for large clusters of computers not just a four core processor (or
two, in case of hyper-threading).

Best,
Ajasja