From: amin sagar (aamin.sagar_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2017 - 01:28:35 CDT

Thanks for the suggestion. I added those REMARKS to the psf file and now I
don't get those "Unknown residue type" errors. However I still get the
error that the first and last residue don't exist. I have checked that they
do exist in both PDB and PSF. I have posted the error below.

I made the psf file using QuikMD, is it possible that this file is not
compatible with Alanine scanning plugin?

I also get the error that Residue V2A is not unknown but that residue is
present in the hybrid topology file.

I would really be thankful for more suggestions.

Structure requires EXTended PSF format
psfgen) total of 0 cross-terms
psfgen) no residue 145 of segment AP1
psfgen) Residue AP1:145 not exsisting, skipping patch CTER.

psfgen) no residue 1 of segment AP1
psfgen) Residue AP1:1 not exsisting, skipping patch NTER.

psfgen) no residue 145 of segment BP1
psfgen) Residue BP1:145 not exsisting, skipping patch CTER.

psfgen) no residue 1 of segment BP1
psfgen) Residue BP1:1 not exsisting, skipping patch NTER.

psfgen) Info: psf file complete.
psfgen) Info: writing pdb file
/home/srlab/amin/Simulations/SLT1/FEP-try/SLT1_QwikMD-FEP/4-VAL
VAL2ALA/mtemp-nprot.pdb
psfgen) Info: pdb file complete.
psfgen) clearing structure, preserving topology and aliases
psfgen) building segment AP1
psfgen) reading residues from pdb file
/home/srlab/amin/Simulations/SLT1/FEP-try/SLT1_QwikMD-FEP/4-VAL
VAL2ALA/mtemp-AP1.pdb
psfgen) extracted 145 residues from pdb file
psfgen) setting patch for first residue to NONE
Alanine scan: Residue VAL 4 of segment AP1 is mutated to V2A
psfgen) mutating residue 4 from VAL to V2A
psfgen) unknown residue type V2A
psfgen) setting patch for last residue to NONE
psfgen) Info: generating structure...psfgen) unknown residue type V2A

Regards,
Amin