From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2017 - 18:30:23 CDT

Hi Arthur,

Naw. "type" in VMD is for the atomtype (parameter type), which for
lipids are things like CTL, CEL1, and CEL3. Apparently CHARMM calls them
"chem". This is DIFFERENT than "name", assuming you've loaded your psf
first... Oh wait. This is probably a CHARMM-format psf, with numbers as
the type. From CHARMM-GUI, you want the .xplor.psf (which has atomtypes
like CEL1), not the .psf (which *might* have numeric atomtypes). Look,
this is all really easy to check with VMD. Just see what is displayed
with a test selection string! I'm certain the equivalent text is "type CEL1"

-Josh