From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2017 - 09:15:58 CDT

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Albert <mailmd2011_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> so there is no solution for this issue currently?

​it is not really an issue in my opinion. VMD does what you are asking for
and it is not VMD's problem that you don't like it.

you are free to write a tool that post-processes your trajectory
differently outside of VMD and denoises it more to your liking. however,
finding an algorithm that does what you seem to be looking for, is far from
trivial. i used to have a modification for VMD, that implements a modified
windowed filter that would not just compute an average, but rather would do
a fit to a higher order polynomial. it helps for certain things, but
doesn't resolve the deformation entirely.

axel.