From: Arthur Vale (arthurovale_at_uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2017 - 21:32:45 CDT

Dear Joshua Vermaas,

I'm facing some problems with the HMMM. The first one of them is that when I source the charmm2hmmm.tcl script I get the following errors when psfgen tries to load the CHARMM topology files:

For top_all36_lipid.rtf:
psfgen) ERROR! Failed to parse autogenerate statement. Line 74: AUTOGENERATE ANGLES DIHEDRALS PATCH

For top_all36_cgenff.rtf:
psfgen) ERROR! Failed to parse autogenerate statement. Line 239: AUTO ANGLES DIHE PATCH

Upon searching online I found a suggestion that changing those lines to:

AUTOGENERATE ANGLES DIHEDRALS

Would you happen to know if this is the appropriate way to solve this issue?

In any case, if I do solve it this way, I notice that my CLOL molecules are not cut properly. Specifically, a CLOL H5R atom shows up fluctuating close to the new CLOL molecule. I didn't realize this issue until attempting to run my system with namd, at which point I get the error:

FATAL ERROR: UNABLE TO FIND BOND PARAMETERS FOR CG321 CTL3 (ATOMS 8773 8776)

Both atoms belong to a single CLOL residue.

After checking a DCLE-HMMM I previously generated with CHARMM-GUI I noticed that my cholesterols (which are name CHL1 instead of CLOL) seem to be unmodified. Therefore, I'm under the impression that the problem is that the charmm2hmmm.tcl patches the CLOL when it shouldn't. In any case, do you have any ideas on what might be happening?

Thank you,

Arthur Vale