From: Geng (gengsun_at_ucla.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2017 - 12:44:11 CDT

Hello, everyone,

(I have sent this email yesterday, but I don't see it on the list. The older
email may be already filtered out by system, so I have re-send this email
again)

I encounter a problem for generating color bar in VMD.(using the tools in
the extenstion->visualization->color scale bar)

The cluster is imported by LAMMPS dump format, and atoms have charge
attribute. So I want to color the atoms according to their charges. Two
different modes are available in VMD:

1) In the auto mode, the color bar shows the right relation between colors
and charges. But there is no way to adjust the maximum and minimum values in
the color bar axis. So If I have different structures, they will have
inconsistent color bar legends.

2) If I turn off the auto mode, I can adjust the maximum value and minimum
value, but the colors on the atoms are not altered accordingly. I.E. the
color bar legend is wrong and scales on color bar axis is arbitrary.

So How I can I make sure the color on atoms are changed accordingly when I
modify the range of values in the color bar axis?

Thank you very much!

Geng