From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2017 - 20:32:36 CDT

Hi,
  We ran into the same problem you describe starting
Friday June 23 and over the last few days we have updated
and tested the various parts of VMD and the plugins that
automatically download information from the PDB. We plan
to post new test builds of VMD on the web site that include
this fix (and others) soon.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/