From: Seibold, Steve Allan (stevesei_at_ku.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2017 - 10:33:20 CDT

HI vmd users...

I notice some people have reported similar problems as list below. However, I have just started having this problem without reinstalling anything. Vmd WAS running just fine and then suddenly I stopped getting secondary structures with "NewCartoon". I just get strings....

Warning) Detected X11 'Composite' extension: if incorrect display occurs
Warning) try disabling this X server option. Most OpenGL drivers
Warning) disable stereoscopic display when 'Composite' is enabled.

My Xversion is:

version number 11.0

X.Org version 1.18.4

My OS is Ubuntu 16.04

Does anyone have any information about this problem???

Thanks Steve