From: Pawel Kedzierski (pawel.kedzierski_at_pwr.edu.pl)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2017 - 05:33:58 CDT

W dniu 10.06.2017 o 07:34, Sidra Rafi pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing VMD crashed problem while opening my trajectories file. it
> contain 1660 frames.
> I have 8GB RAM and 8X 2.8 GHz processor in my system. I have 2 queries
> related to it.
>
> 1. Is that enough system configuration for vmd?
For VMD itself its plenty, for the system you want to analyze - it depends.
1660 frames may require just 20kB of memory for one atom system or 20GB
for one million of atoms, so you do not provide enough information.
Another issue is the graphics card, its memory and drivers, but this
related to the graphical representations you need.

> 2. Is there anyway to allocate full memory to VMD?
No. The OS has its own needs :)
In short: you have to work on 64bit operating system and you have to
install 64bit version of VMD. Otherwise VMD will crash on 2GB limit.
Apart from that, simply do not run other apps concurring for memory
while you work on your trajectories.
Pawel