From: Dallas Warren (dallas.warren_at_monash.edu)
Date: Tue May 23 2017 - 23:25:35 CDT

2 dimensional rings, or a 3D sphere?

For the latter, as already mentioned, you can change the material that
a representation like VDW is made with, allowing you to see through
it. There are a number of preset materials. Additionally, something
like the Surf can be rendered as a wireframe, rather than a solid
surface.
Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
dallas.warren_at_monash.edu