From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2017 - 08:46:11 CDT

Hi,
  VMD still implements the special OpenGL rendering mode required
for interoperability with the Acrobat3D model capture utilities.
My understanding is that Adobe and their technology partners split
up some years ago, and the capture utilities that used to be provided
as part of the original Acrobat3D distribution are now provided as
an independent product by Tetra4D:
  https://tetra4d.com/

I haven't used Tetra4D myself, we just kept using the old Acrobat3D
we had here, but I would expect it to work roughly as well as the original
tool that was shipped with Acrobat3D did. If anyone here has tried out
the latest tools from Tetra4D, I would be very curious to hear about how
well they worked.