From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2017 - 17:32:41 CDT

Hi Brian,

I don't think its a bug, since VMD has always had that behavior for as
long as I've used it. In tachyon scenes, bonds, rather than being dashed
lines, are hollow cylinders. This usually isn't the look I'm going for,
so I put them in afterward in inkscape (for still images), or just use
the snapshot renderer (for animations), which doesn't have this behavior.

-Josh