From: Brian Radak (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2017 - 11:09:18 CDT

I have used APBS, but not any extension for VMD.

Is there not useful output in DX format? You might have to set
appropriate flags to make sure such output gets written to disk. VMD has
excellent tools for visualizing isosurfaces from 3d grids stored in DX
format - this is all under the usual "representations" tab.

Brian

--
Brian Radak
Postdoctoral Appointee