From: Kanishk Jain (kjain_at_ucla.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2017 - 17:08:09 CST

Hello all,

I'm an MD novice, starting out on QwikMD. I'm using a mac with the
following versions of VMD and NAMD, respectively: vmd193macx86nocuda
and NAMD_2.12_MacOSX-x86_64-multicore-CUDA.

My problem is that when I try to start a simulation, I keep getting the
following error:

ERROR) Error connecting to localhost on port 3000

I've seen a similar question to mine as it applies to Linux machines, but
as I'm a novice, I'm not quite sure how to implement the solutions
mentioned in those threads to my situation. Any help would be appreciated!

-Kanishk

--
Sincerely,
Kanishk Jain