From: João Ribeiro KS (jribeiro_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2017 - 17:25:26 CST

Dear Kanishk,

The" Localhost port 3000 error" is just a message of VMD saying that it
could not establish a connection to NAMD, but will try again. You just have
to wait long enough to connect (NAMD starting process), specially in
explicit solvent systems. An error window will pop-up if the connection is
definitely refused.

The problem is if some error appeared before the messages of "Localhost
port 3000 error" started to appear. Do you see any error before these
messages?

If the connection is never successful, you have to change your firewall
definitions, on Settings/System Preferences, "Security & Privacy". You can
find more information here:
http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-open-specific-ports-in-os-x-1010-firewall-3616405/

Best

Joao Ribeiro