From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2017 - 10:35:37 CST

Hi Dallas,

Here is my make command on a Ubuntu 16.04 system to compile the plugins:

make LINUXAMD64 TCLINC=-I/usr/include/tcl8.6 TCLLIB=-L/usr/lib
NETCDFLIB=-L/usr/lib NETCDFINC=-I/usr/include/ -j 1

Now one thing you may want to change here is to use tcl 8.5, as some of
the plugins behave strangely under 8.6, but otherwise you made the same
mistake I did the first time I did this, and forgot about the -I and -L,
since these flags are used directly by the compiler.

-Josh