From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 13 2017 - 14:25:15 CST

Hi,
  Most likely this is simply an issue with unrecognized atom or residue naming
conventions in your specific files. STRIDE expects the atoms to follow
PDB naming conventions for the VMD "name" field. You could definitely
rename your atoms to match the PDB conventions that STRIDE is expecting.
You might have other problems also, but I would start out by examining the
atom names in the regions of the structure that you're unable to view with
the ribbon/cartoon type representations. If you can't even draw a "Tube"
representation, then that would indicate that your carbon-alpha atoms are
not named "CA" in the files that you loaded into VMD, so I'd check that
as one of the first things to look at.