From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Thu Feb 02 2017 - 16:40:25 CST

Hi Benjamin,

Could it be as simple as putting a newline at the end of the write command? I took a gro file that I knew VMD could load and chomped the newline at the end of the file with perl. Then I got a warning like this when I loaded it into VMD: gromacsplugin) Warning, error reading box, unexpected end-of-file reached. When you resave the file after editing it, your text editor is probably putting in a newline to mark the end of file for you, which is why VMD can then load it afterward.

-Josh