From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Thu Feb 02 2017 - 11:03:32 CST

Hi Dmitry,

It depends on what you mean by correct. The measure rmsf command does no
prefitting on its own, and will calculate the reference structure from
the average of the current frames. What I normally do is align my
trajectory to a suitable reference (the original pdb or frame 0) and
then ask for the RMSF, since the value tends to be smaller than if you
didn't remove the normal diffusional drift from your simulations first.

-Josh